Welcome to the EMuRgency project
The project "EMuRgency: New approaches for resuscitation support and training" is focusing on increasing awareness about the problem of cardiac arrest in the Euregio Rhine-Meuse and finally increasing survival rates.
To reach this goal the consortium members develop, evaluate and implement a notification system for volunteers that builds on earlier prototypes in the region (e.g. SMS-Retter or AED-Alert). A range of targeted edcuational products are developed. Apart from ‘classic' e-learning content, innovative learning scenarios will be developed using mobile devices and game patterns. A dedicated training concept for secondary schools will be developed and evaluated within a cross-border school network. Ambient information displays will be used to reach a broad public in the region.
The consortium combines medical expertise with expertise from technology-enhanced learning and computer science.The project is led by the Centre for Learning Sciences and Technologies of the Open University of the Netherlands. Other consortium members are: Universitätsklinikum Aachen, RWTH Aachen, Maastricht University, Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg (ZOL), K.U.Leuven, CHR Citadelle (CHR) and CECOTEPE ASBL.
The project is financed by the European Regional Development Funds, regions from the Euregio Rhine-Meuse and the participating institutions.
Meet us at the following events:
- Woche der Wiederbelebung, Aachen (Germany), 16 - 22 September 2013
- 8th European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL), Paphos (Cyprus), 17-21 September 2013
- Workshop on 21st century learning in the health and emergency sector in conjunction with the 8th European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL), Paphos (Cyprus), 18 September 2013
- European Cooperation Day/Interreg Family Day, Botrange (Belgium) (Naturpark Hohes Venn), 22. September 2013
- Medicine 2.0/6th World Congress on Social Media, Mobile Apps and Internet/Web 2.0 in Medicine, Health, and Biomedical Research. London (UK). 23-24 September 2013.
- Reanimatie Estafette, Landgraaf (The Netherlands), 27 September 2013
- Digital Days, Heerlen (The Netherlands), 8 - 10 October 2013
- Mobile Learning Day, Hagen (Germany), 7 November 2013
- Innovatie Estafette, Amsterdam (The Netherlands), 12. November 2013 (tbc)
- Learntec, Karlsruhe (Germany), 5 February 2014 (tbc)